Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Second Trimester Recap

I'm in my third and FINAL trimester, here is my recap of the past 14 weeks for the boy's pregnancy/baby book (that I haven't started yet):

14 weeks – Back pain starts, can't sit or stand for long periods of time!

15 weeks – First weight gain +3 pounds!

16 weeks – We find out the gender – but keep it a secret! We hear the babies heartbeats for the first time. Turns out I have a bladder infection. Official cravings start – BLT Sandwiches and Lemonade!

17 weeks – My belly button hurts, can it stretch more? Felt the babies move for the first time – felt like someone opened a pop can in my belly. Ordered the nursery furniture and started painting the walls yellow and white.

18 weeks – Got my first and only nose bleed of my adult life. Lots of baby movement, still just feels like butterflies. Lots of round ligament pain – the babies are growing! The nursery is finished (round one) and we realize our house is not baby-proof.

19 weeks – At least half way and I am obviously pregnant – belly is going straight out! Braxton hicks contractions start – first trip to the doctor to get them checked out, all is well!

20 weeks – We announce TWIN BOYS! Boys start to interact during ultrasound, A kicking B in the nose. Found out A’s placenta is anterior (outside) and B’s is posterior (inside), and why I haven’t been able to feel A move much – the placenta is in-between him and I. Growing well, each about 12 ounces heartbeats in the 150’s my cervix is 4+ cm no signs of labor progressing!

21 weeks – I can feel the boys actually kick, no more guessing if they’re moving they are strong and usually are active at night when I am laying down. Went to the eMOM’s sale and found a double stroller and baby papasan chair.

22 weeks – Gained 16 pounds so far! Started having heartburn daily. Started to get run down every day and have contractions, advised to work from home in afternoons and try to take naps. No signs of preterm labor as my cervix is 3.5 cm (anything 2.5+ is good). Christian feels the boys move for the first time!

23 weeks – Lots of contractions, back to the doctor to get checked no signs of pending labor. Saw my belly move when the boys kick for the first time – they are much more active and very strong. The kicks are starting to hurt! Noticed my first stretch marks on my sides.

24 weeks – Officially gained 20 pounds. Growth check this week shows that the boys are each 1 lb 7 ounces and in the 45th percentile for a ‘singleton’ baby – great news! This week I get a flu shot. I decide we should re-paint the nursery blue, instead of the yellow we originally painted (I am indecisive about everything these days).

25 weeks – My first baby shower, a high tea with friends and my mom hosted by LeAnn and Lindsay. Starting to get uncomfortable and can’t get up from a seated position easily anymore. My stomach feels tight and skin hurts from stretching. We began our baby classes, life with multiples and a multiple labor and delivery class.

26 weeks – Style has given away to comfort, I opt for crocs instead of cute shoes since my feet hurt so bad, they are swollen and grew a whole size! Boys are both heads down for the first time and vitals look great. Can’t sit, lay or stand for long periods of time – hands and legs go numb and feels like I have carpletunnel. Boy's push and kick in same spots everday, and can feel both boy's bums push against my side which hurts after awhile. I rub my tummy to get them to move positions.

27 weeks – Thanksgiving is here! We announce the boy’s names: Gavin & Lucas though we don’t know which baby will have which name until we meet them. The cat laying next to my belly and purring causes the boys to kick and react to the outside noise! My mom hosts a really fun baby shower for our family and family friends! The nursery is completed and all major baby products are purchased. We are ready, but the boys need to stay put for several more weeks!!!

No comments: