Wednesday, December 17, 2008

30 Weeks!!!

30w0d
Size: Squash
Weight: +32 total
8 weeks to go...

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

The boys are doing well - and I'm hanging in there. I can't believe how uncomfortable I am, baby A is down low in my bladder and B is up in my ribs all day long! I can't sit/lay/stand comfortably. I knew to expect this, but it doesn't make it easier. Sleeping is nearly impossible. And I can hardly eat these days because my stomach is being squished by the boys and there isn't enough room for food! Still hasn't stopped me from gaining 2 pounds a week - yikes!

This week both boys are still heads down, heartbeats are in the high 160's, cervix is still long almost 3 1/2 cm. They must be getting tired of each other because this week they are back to back. A is facing up toward my belly, B is facing down toward my spine. Doesn't look like the boys will be coming anytime soon. I think we'll have to evict them in 2 months.

Baby A has the hiccups almost every day - it feels like I'm being repeatedly tapped inside for about 5 minutes. It feels really funny. Both boy's are kicking really hard these days, but overall aren't moving as much. I guess that is to be expected with how little room there is.

I finished all of our Christmas shopping FINALLY! This year we're having everyone up here, my parents and LeAnn & Russ for Christmas dinner. I'm glad we won't have to be alone but also won't have to travel.

My 30 week belly picture is below, the boys are helping me eat my ice cream! :) I've gotten a bit lazy with belly pictures, too much work to set up my camera!

1 comment:

Elysia & my James' said...

I can't believe you're 30 weeks already! AH! It seems like time is flying. You get to meet your babies so soon!