Size: big and making me uncomfortable
Weight: +33 total
Weight: +33 total
7 weeks to go...
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.
I went to my 31 week appointment today, turns out my cervix has shortened quite a bit. Last week it was over 3 cm, today it was 2.3 cm while relaxed. They also had me crunch into a sitting position to see if pressure added to the shortening of cervix, it did. It went to 2.18 cm. Dr. Hyde was a bit concerned and has put me on modified bed rest until Friday when I have to go back in to get checked again. I'm allowed to get up and use the bathroom and that is about it - and I thought I was bored before, now I'm going to go crazy actually stuck on the couch. He says that my cervix could lenghten between now and then or shorten more. He needs to know 'how' it is changing so he knows what to do. He isn't putting me on hospital bed rest - yet. But he will if it shortens again. Glad I won't be in the hospital for Christmas!
Both boys look good, heartbeats are strong and they are still head down. Baby A's head is so low, when they were measuring my cervix you could see his skull. Dr. Hyde says that him having the hiccups everyday is a good thing - something to do with the lungs developing.
On Friday my OB's office is closed so I am making my first trip to Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) where the specialists are. I asked if they were just going to check my cervix length, so I would know what to expect. Glad I asked because I guess they do an entire ultrasound exam when they see a new patient. I probably would have thought something was wrong if they did an entire u/s and I wasn't expecting it.
Other than my cervix (and stretch marks appearing on my belly) everything is great. The doc prescribed me a new heartburn medicine since zantac was doing nothing. Hopefully it will help since I can't eat anything without getting heartburn.
I've been finding new things to keep me busy at home. Sorting and organizing recipes, making a list and starting my hospital bag, baby laundry, printing pictures for the frames that have sat empty for about a year now, basically anything I can do from the couch - good times.
Today we took some new pictures of my belly out in the snow... I think the last one is funny - my view from above!


1 comment:
Heath, you look amazing! I really love your pictures in the snow! I hope everything stays ok and you won't have to go on hospital bed rest. I know how hard it is for you to sit still but it sounds like you're doing well considering you can't leave the couch! Hope you and all your boys have a very Merry Christmas!!!
Post a Comment