29w0dSize: Squash (month 7)
Weight: +30 total
9 weeks to go!
Baby’s energy is surging, thanks to the formation of white fat deposits beneath the skin. (Have those kicks and jabs to the ribs tipped you off yet?) Baby is also settling into sleep and waking cycles, though -- as you’ve also probably noticed -- they don’t necessarily coincide with your own. Also this month, all five senses are finally functional, and the brain and nervous system are going through major developments.
Yesterday was the 29 week checkup. Both boys look great, and are heads down. They appear to be in 'position' according to the tech and she doesn't think they will be able to move - there isn't much room in there. Which means my chances of delivering "naturally" is much higher, depending on how things go day of delivery.
Everything checked out, A's heartbeat was 153 bpm, B's was 136 bpm (they think he was sleeping or resting). Last week's growth indicates they are in the 85th percentile for weight which is great news. Dr. Hyde says we don't need any more growth scans but to do one more in 3 weeks just to make sure they're still on track. I am so thankful, and the doctor is very pleased with how healthy the boys are. Cervix is still 3+ so I shouldn't go into labor this week! :)
I also passed my one hour glucose test for gestational diabetes which is great news. No need to go back and do a 3 hour test; though I will admit that sugar drink was pretty good. My results were 115 and anything below 140 is good. My blood work showed I am slightly anemic, which I guess most pregnant women are. He suggested I could take an iron supplement if I wanted - in my head I was just thinking *maybe I should just try harder to remember my prenatal vitamin with iron in it!*
Still preparing for the boys to get here - we're done with laundry now and think we have enough clothes and diapers for about the first month (though no one can say for sure what we'll need). We have all of the major baby gear too - our house is slowly being taken over by these two and I'm loving it.
I'm officially working from home full time. We'll re-evaluate each week, but I don't think I'll make it past the holidays. I am so exhausted mentally and physically - the doctor said he'd fill out any forms we need him to even though he doesn't have a medical need to take me off of work..JPG)
We're still trying to sell our TV and media stand to make more room in our house for the boys - if you know someone who is looking please send them our way. I posted on craigslist without much luck - we would like to get about $400 for both items together (asked $500 - but they need to go!). Bought at Crate & Barrel, glass and espresso stained wood. I have more details like product dimensions available!


1 comment:
Great to hear that everything is on track and your boys are doing so well!
Hope you're doing ok at home full time, I'm sure you like being able to rest whenever needed :)
Post a Comment