28w0dSize: Chinese cabbage
Weight: +28 total (a pound a week since I got pg - wow!)
10 weeks to go!!!
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.
We had our 28 week checkup yesterday and Dr. Hyde assures us all is well - the babies are staying put for awhile. They did my gestational diabetes test (no results yet) a growth scan and I got a little lecture on the potential of bed rest.
The little guys are doing great - growing like weeds! Baby A is 2lbs 16oz, and baby B is exactly 3lbs. Heart beats are about 150 BPM each. The u/s tech kept measuring baby A's head over and over again - when I asked why she said it was measuring a bit large. Yes, baby A is a genius and has a huge head (genius from me, huge head from christian). Not sure what growth percentile they are in but we were assured they are 'on track'.
It also turns out that both babies are still heads down facing each other - that means one more checkup at heads down and my doctor would consider letting me do a natural birth. However, after those labor videos I'm still opted out of both methods of delivery. The nurse doesn't think there is enough room in there for them to flip at this point, but stranger things have happened.
I was also correct with what I feel move and kick, every time I feel a bulge in my side it really is the babies butts. One on each side (B on the right, A on the left) It sticks out and goes hard and kind of hurts. Their feet are both toward my belly button kicking away at each other. I guess Baby B got smart and took his head away from his brother's foot - poor guy!
My belly was also measured yesterday to see how big I'm getting (external with a tape measure) he said that every inch is a week of pregnancy for a singleton - I'm measuring to 36 weeks top of uterus to bottom!!! No wonder I feel huge! Luckily they didn't measure my "waist".
The doctor isn't going to put me on bed rest, but is now wanting to see me weekly (a month earlier than originally planned). He asked that I work from home full time if possible and he would write a letter to MSFT if needed. Sounds like if I have to go back to L&D again or my cervix shortens at all he's putting me on bed rest. I'm going to try and continue to work at least through the end of December and then maybe do
short term disability until the boys get here - but no plans yet, I'm going to see how everything goes week by week.
short term disability until the boys get here - but no plans yet, I'm going to see how everything goes week by week.Picture to the right = fraternal twins at 28 weeks, that's what our boys look like in there!


1 comment:
Great to hear that everything is going so well! I still can't believe you are already 28 weeks!! Thinking about you :) -Linds
Post a Comment