Just got back from the doctor to check my cervical length; everything looks pretty good. My cervix is about a cm shorter then it was - they'll be tracking these changes to predict and prevent the onset of preterm labor. Anything below 2.5 is a worry, I'm at 3.5 now.
I also had the technician do a fetal heartbeat since yesterday baby B's was hard to hear, I wanted to be at ease for the next two weeks. He's also so mellow that I don't feel him move so I tend to get worried. Baby B's heartbeat was 150, and was moving a bit - his position is still transverse head on the left and of course flashed his goods to us like usual.
A's heartbeat was 154 and he was moving like crazy (another boy parts "show" from him as well). The funny thing is that A has flipped he's now breech, with his butt/feet down. Perhaps B is liking this break of being kicked in the face by A. This is also why I'm feeling A kick me all the time; he's no longer kicking his placenta. Both heads are together, and we got a cute picture. I couldn't believe how much bigger they look this week.
All in all the appointment lasted 10 minutes, I don't anticipate my doctor calling me about the cervix length but he still wants me to take it easy from here on out. I hope I have a different technician because this one was not friendly at all - and didn't even explain what she was doing. Oh well, babies are okay that's all I care about!
I feel a lot better after seeing them. Luckily at every appointment from now on I will have a cervical length check so they'll show me the babies too - really puts my mind more at ease then just a Doppler that is hard to hear. I'm glad I don't have one of those at home, I'd probably panic every time I couldn't get a clear heartbeat - it's pretty hard to do with two in there!
More later...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I'm glad your ultrasound went well today! I'm also glad your mind is at ease about Baby B. It'll be funny to see if A and B keep their personalities after they're born. :- )
Thanks for the info about scanning the ultrasound pics, or even taking a pic of the pic. I've been wanting to add pics of Zoe (and e-mail them to family and friends), but didn't know how to do it.
Post a Comment