22w0dSize: Papaya
Weight Gain: +3 (+16 total)
Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.
Yesterday I had a doctor appointment, evidently I was supposed to schedule an ultrasound with my OB check up but my doctor and the nurse never told me. Which means I need to go back again today. However, the new nurse I saw actually gave me a schedule with all of the appointments I need up until delivery. Kind of crazy that there are only 3 months left and all of my appointments until delivery are scheduled!
The nurse used a Doppler to listen to the babies heartbeats; she had a hard time finding baby B's but she heard it quietly after about a minute at around 140 BPM. It worried me a bit, because I haven't been feeling him move lately. She said she could hear him moving around and that his back was to us so it was difficult. Baby A was no problem at all, loud and strong 160 BPM. He, however did not like the Doppler machine because after about 20 seconds of heartbeat we heard a loud "thud" and felt a kick - he had kicked the Doppler. Both behaviors of the boys we are finding are very 'typical' one is laid back (B) and the other constantly moving and kicking (A).
My labs all looked good. I also found out that I can use Zantac 150 two times a day for my heartburn. For the past 2 weeks my acid reflux and heartburn has been seriously making me crazy. I can drink water and get heartburn - my OB was my new best friend when he told me about Zantac - tums was no help at all!
Also for a few weeks at 1-2pm everyday like clockwork, I have been feeling really icky. I get a lot of pressure "down there", my whole stomach tightens and I get contractions 10-15 minutes apart. This lasts until I drink a big glass of water and lie down for about an hour. If I don't rest it doesn't stop. The doctor says that because of this I need to start taking it easy, including putting my feet up at noon to prevent myself from getting to the overtired phase. My boss has been really great and is allowing me to work from home every afternoon starting this week. I find out tomorrow more about my cervical changes, hopefully I stay "long" so I don't have to go on full time bed rest.
On Monday, our neighbor came over and gave us their diaper champ that they weren't able to use because they used cloth diapers. This is the exact one we registered for, since you can use any trash bag, We are so thankful for their generosity. It's amazing how great people are when they find out you are expecting, on one hand everyone knows how expensive babies are and on the other everyone just wants their old stuff out of their house! Either way we're grateful and love our friends and family!
I was never able to post the videos of their 20 week ultrasound due to the format and length; but I did take screen shots of the "boy parts" for proof! Baby A is first, B is second below (it looks like the same baby/photo, but it's not!):




1 comment:
Yep, those are boy parts! Just curious....how do you post ultrasound pics on your blog? Do you scan them to a disk or something?
It sounds like everything is going well. I too hope that your cervix stays "long". It would be great if you could make it through the pregnancy w/o any bed rest. Especially with twins! But it sounds like you have a great boss, so even if it comes to that it'll be all good.
Post a Comment