19w0dSize: Mango - that seems so big!
Weight: +1 (+9 total so far) I am obviously pg now!
Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you. Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.
Can you believe I am at least half way there now? It seems like the past few weeks have flown by!
The only thing that has happened in the past week is contractions! Yes, I've starting having braxton hicks and some actual contractions. However, I am not progressing so the doctor says I am fine. This is the first thing that has "happened" during my pregnancy other than the sudden onset of back and round ligament pain.
It started on Thursday, I just wasn't feeling good, so I stayed home from work and took it easy. I also had that Friday off so I was looking forward to a long weekend and getting some baby stuff done.
By Friday I was feeling worse, and was having more regular "tightening" in my lower abdomen. I also had a bit of fluid come out that was a bit concerning. I called the doctor's office and spoke to a nurse who took down my signs and symptoms to speak to the doctor. By the time she called me back to report that based on my low number of contractions I am fine - they had gotten stronger and closer together. Because of this she asked me to monitor them for 2 hours and call her back. I did and at that time she asked me to come in right away.
The doctor checked me and said that everything was okay. He did an internal exam and saw that my cervix was "long and closed" he even made me cough to make sure it didn't open and no fluid came out. He did an ultrasound to measure my cervix (I was at 4 mm, anything above 2 is what they want to see). The last thing he did, to make sure I was comfortable with what I was feeling, is take a sample of the fluid and see if there was any amniotic fluid present. He did this by putting the sample from a swab onto a piece of paper. The paper changes from yellow to blue if any amniotic fluid is present - mine stayed yellow so I was content and went home.
In other news, I am feeling more 'pregnant' these days - still going straight out! I still feel the babies every once and awhile but no real "kicks" still just the bubbles and pressure change. I can't wait to feel an actual foot to poke me. Mostly I am excited for next Wednesday's appointment; and to let you all know what we're having!!! I'm going to request a video, I just love ultrasounds and staring at our little darlings for 30-45 minutes! It is so different than just feeling them or knowing they are there.
This weekend I'm going over to my family's lake cabin without Christian for some time away. It should be fun, and give my hubby some time away from "heather errands" and "baby stuff". Our nursery is coming along, and we are starting to clear out some of the clutter from all of the babies room chaos. I can't wait for our house to feel put together again. I am so happy about how everything is turning out and really don't feel like we're running out of space **until they get here**.
More later...


5 comments:
buh... wha.... wait... what's the secret?
Hey Heather! I'm glad everything is okay! I have been having similar feelings which I think are contractions too. I had an appointment yesterday with MFM, and asked the doctor about it. They also checked me and my cervix was closed and long. She said if they form a pattern or have 6 in an hour to call the OB. Btw, thanks for the info on the maternity belt thing, I'm going to definitely go get one!! Well, again, i'm glad you got checked out and everything was okay! We're halfway mama!!
hey! I wasn't sure how to respond, I guess I could just email you! But, yeah I did join eMoms, I just did it a couple days ago and you just reminded me I have to finish my registration and pay. I wasn't sure since I am joining so close to the sale if I can still get in early. Hope so!
Hopefully we can get some good deals! We should meet up. Are you taking your hubby with you?
Um....what's the secret?! How cruel!!!
I'm glad that your appointment went well. What a scare!
Enjoy your weekend away. But before you go....what's the secret?! :- )
You're still hiding something. I think you know what you're having... i think you do...
Post a Comment