Thursday, September 25, 2008

18 Weeks!!!

18w1d
Size: Sweet Potato
Weight: +3, here comes the steady weight gain (+8 total)

Your fetus has become amazingly mobile (at least compared to you), passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. And, baby's finally big enough that you'll be able to feel those movements soon, if you haven't already!

I know I promised that I would post a new belly picture; but we have been so busy in the past few weeks! We finished the nursery; all that is left is the chair rail and decorations! On Tuesday my parents helped us go pick up and set up the cribs and dresser (such a big help since I'm not these days!) and I think the room looks amazing, so much more space to walk around in there then I thought there would be! Now we have to pick out a chair for the room, I also can't wait to register for all of the fun baby stuff! I was surprised how much we already have just by people giving us their old items, very generous and helpful when expecting twins - baby stuff is expensive!

I can't wait for my next appt - in 2 weeks. After the 20 week checkup, I'll be seen every 2 weeks from here until my last few months, and then every week until delivery. I think I will be able to tolerate that much more. I find that I can make it until 2 weeks after my last appointment and then I start to panic "what if something is wrong", "oh no, is that a good pain or bad pain". The crazy thing is technically I'm about half done, between now and next week marks my half way point - since 36-38 weeks is my "full term".

Recently I've been having strong and steady pains in my lower left abdomen area, my books and doctor chalk it up to round ligament pain - I was given this pregnancy belt that is supposed to help this pain, so I'll try that today. I guess I'm growing so much it's bound to hurt. When I'm off my feet most of the day I don't notice that it hurts. It's when I try to do too much (which isn't that much these days) I get exhausted and achy all over.

The good news is yesterday the little ones started moving a TON! It was more noticeable and I could tell it was really them moving for the first time - before it just felt like bubbles. Now it feels like my stomach is tightening and releasing; and after it releases it feels like I have butterflies in my stomach. The feeling repeats in a pattern for a few minutes. This is how I spent my whole day yesterday. I also think I made the babies hyper; I had a headache so I drank a diet Mountain Dew (which my doc assures me is fine to do in moderation) but right after I had half gone I felt them move a lot for about an hour straight. It was pretty amazing. I can't wait to feel the movements more regularly and stronger!

More later; hopefully these pictures tide you over!!!
Heather TODAY... twin baby bump at 18w1d - It's still just going straight out!!!

The nursery: looking in from the doorway...

The nursery: cribs (there are about 3 feet on either side of the cribs)...

The nursery; looking at the dresser & swing (the blue/green you see are things that were given to us, don't read into it lol - FYI)... There is about 4-5 feet between the cribs and dresser, where the swing is now we will put a rocking chair.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

YAY!!! I'm so happy to see a new belly picture! You look great, as usual! The nursery is very cute and I can only imagine how great it will look when it's done!

Angie said...

Aww, everything looks so cute! Where did you get your furniture? We want to get a dresser about that size, I just need to find one I like! I'm jealous that you are feeling the babies move! I am not sure if I have felt them or not! Sometimes I think I do, but still not sure.

Lady and Tater said...

Everything looks so beautiful and well put together. You look beautiful too! You should start taking pictures of Christian so we can see his "evolution" pictures... (before babies, after babies). HA!

Elysia & my James' said...

You look AMAZING. I can't believe how big you are! I'm so stinking excited for you... now hopefully you can talk some sense into your employer and I'll get to be up there in time to see those cute little babies when they decide to come on out. :)

FSD said...

Very cute nursery!