Wednesday, September 17, 2008

17 Weeks!!!

17w0d
Size: Onion
Weight: Up another pound (+5 total, so far I've only gained a pound per week since 12 weeks I think I should be between 2-3 pounds a week so I expect to start gaining fast)

Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.

I'm 17 weeks on Sept 17 - must be my lucky day!

Last night I had the worst stomach pain, and I am never eating pizza again! I seriously thought to myself "this must be what contractions are like". Every 20 minutes I would get shooting pains that took my breath away. I know it was just the pizza trying to digest - so we're avoiding that now as the babies obviously didn't like it one bit!

This morning I headed to the Seattle office to attend a monthly business review, and I was chatting with my boss and a peer when I felt the weirdest sensation. It felt like my stomach was growling, but it was on my right side close to my belly button, and my stomach is all the way over on my left (I know because that's where the "feed me" sounds come from these days). I totally think it was the babies moving! It happened a few times in a row and then it stopped - no gas whatsoever followed so I think this is my first official baby movement! It was so neat and felt like someone was opening a pop can in my tummy (you know the bubbles when you first open it). I'm very excited!

Last week we ordered the baby furniture and this past weekend we started painting, just a base white for now. I forgot how much of a pain painting is and how long it takes. Luckily Christian is doing most of the work, but I did help! I can't wait for the cribs and dresser to get here in the next two weeks or so!

More later... hope all is well! I'll post a belly picture soon I promise!

3 comments:

alisha said...

Feeling my babies move around was my very favorite part of being pregnant. How fun!

I'm excited to see the nursery when it's done.

Elysia & my James' said...

I'm so happy for you!

FSD said...

I love your weekly updates and accompanying fruit/vege photos. I may have to "steal" this idea.....(smile)

Too exciting that you felt movement. I'm still waiting, although I swear I felt something strange last night. I tried to press on my belly to get it to happen again and it didn't. Still don't know if it was the baby???