Monday, August 18, 2008

NT Scan & Shopping...

12w5d

Hi Everyone, sorry for the delayed update my computer completely crashed and I've been without most technology for the latter part of last week. No fun! This weekend was super hot, and I'm glad the weather finally calmed down - welcome back rain! A few updates...

Friday - We had our NT scan last Friday and it went really well! The ultrasound was 45 minutes long and we got to stare at our little ones the entire time. Christian also got to meet our doctor and I was glad that he liked him also! The measurements of the neck fluid was well below the threshold to signal there could be a problem so the doctor doesn't think the blood work will come back with any issues. Hooray!

It was so amazing to see the babies move around and show their personalities! We found out that they are 6cm - about 2 1/2 inches - in length and have heart beats of around 166 BPM each. If the old wives tale is true I'm thinking we're going to have two of the same gender on our hands! :) Lately I've had a feeling it's 2 girls, but this will probably change - I'm never right!

We also learned a bit more about their position. It turns out that 'baby a' will always be labeled this and 'baby b' likewise - so we can see their growth individually and don't get them mixed up - I guess they don't change positions. Which means that baby a is the lowest and on the inside of my uterus by the cervix. Baby b is right on top (both are transverse - sideways currently) on the outside of my uterus (think closer to my stomach).

Baby A is our active little one, always moving and kicking and not cooperating with the tech. A stubborn little one! Baby B is mellow, and was just hanging out. They were both in the exact same position as how we saw them last time (Buddha and froggy babies). Baby A likes to turn in circles and push upwards with its feet, it looks like it is sitting on it's neck. Whereas B is laying right on top of it's twin just lounging.

The funniest part was seeing Baby A kick up and watch the wall of the sac move. You could see it move and push Baby B out of the way, who would get upset and move around a bit to get comfy again. So cute! But A is the little trouble maker - wonder who it takes after??? It will be fun to see if they keep these little 'personalities' through the other ultrasounds and when they come out!

I'll post pictures when I can get around to scanning them, I tried to just take a picture of them but it's too blurry to see anything.

Sunday - Went shopping to return some maternity pants that I didn't like at Motherhood in Bell Square. I guess I didn't understand their return policy (make that "exchange" policy), so I ended up arguing with the sales person who was completely rude! They couldn't do a refund and only could get in store credit. I tried to get a gift card so I could leave but their machine was down - I ended up picking out 3 shirts and calling it good. I don't think I'll be going back to the Bellevue store anytime soon...

Also found a new store; Merry Go Round in Bellevue that has amazing baby stuff. I found the crib and dresser I want, by Million Dollar Baby (Annabelle collection: Crib & 3 Drawer Changer in antique white) and also got to test out the Baby Jogger strollers my cousin recommended to us. I got to test out all the models and found that I like the "mini" version better which I didn't originally think I would, I also found out that infants can go in it if the seat is laying down. I know I have a ton of time before I need to buy some stuff, but at least want to have it picked out before I'm too huge to walk around a store comfortably.

More Later... ~h

5 comments:

IdahoGirl said...

Hey Heather :) I wanted to let you know - Motherhood Maternity is that way at every location - you get 10 days for an exchange, that's it.

STUPID, huh!

Although, I'll say, their secret fit pants are the most comfortable I've found....

Angie said...

hey! i'm so glad everything went well, I was getting worried since I didn't see an update from you!! i had mine today and it went well also! It was so amazing to see the babies for such a long time, wasn't it!

I second what heather said, the secret fit jeans from motherhood are awesome! I bought some on Saturday and they are so comfy!

Congrats on everything going good! :)

Lady and Tater said...

How exciting! Everything is moving right along. I hope you're feeling okay!

Lindsay said...

Can't wait to see the new ultrasound pics!!!

melanie said...

Return/exchange policies boggle me. I swear I always end up with a crappy deal. I guess a couple people out there ruin it for the rest of us.

Seeing the babies like that must feel magical. Having two seems SO different than one...and for them to already be semi-interacting is fascinating. Best friends from the beginning!