Wednesday, August 13, 2008

12 Weeks!!!

12w0d
Size: Plum
Weight Gain: Back at +0 since I got pg

As you move into the second trimester, baby shifts into the growth and maturation stage. After weeks in the critical development stage, almost all of baby's systems are fully formed.

Woo hoo I'm finally at 12 weeks, I never thought this day would come. Now I can officially say I'm 3 months instead of a rough estimate and then people stare at my tummy with the "wow you're huge" look on their face.

I just noticed that there are less than 200 days on my little countdown too - when did that happen? 196 days doesn't feel like that long. Next milestones:
2 days until my next OB visit
1 week 3 days until 2nd trimester
8 weeks until we find out the sex of the babies (IE: the shopping begins)
16 weeks until the 3rd trimester
25-28 weeks until the twins are here!
Friday is my next doctor appt - I'll have the NT scan and also a regular appt with the OB, Christian will finally meet him so I hope he likes the guy! I really hope we get to hear the heartbeats, we've "seen" them but I want to hear it on a Doppler. I wish I had one of those at home (I know you can rent them) so we can spy on them more regularly. Nothing has gone wrong but I keep freaking out that it will and that they're not "in there" anymore - totally ridiculous. I'm paranoid.
Information about the NT (nuchal translucency) scan is HERE if you're interested. There is also a good article on Wikipedia, search NT scan.
That's about it absolutely nothing has changed (except my expanding waist). Oh, and I'm back "on" chicken apparently - at least the fake chicken like McNuggets and buffalo wings. I'm so excited I haven't been eating much protein lately.

2 comments:

Elysia & my James' said...

I'm currently in limbo with the NT scan. I want to do it but am waiting to hear back from insurance to see if they cover the ultrasound for it... it's 3D. WOO! The nurse practitioner said that if I wait to have it closer to 14 weeks (mid Sept) that they may be able to determine the sex. I HOPE THEY COVER IT!

Anonymous said...

I highly recommend renting a doppler so you can hear their little heartbeats whenever you start to worry about them. Enjoy your appointment on Friday!