Wednesday, July 16, 2008

8 Week Twin Update...

8w0d
Size: Raspberry
Weight Gain: -2


Your baby is growing like mad, putting on about a millimeter every day and continuing to straighten out in the trunk. Though you can't feel it yet, baby is moving those little arms, legs and (now only slightly) webbed fingers and toes like crazy.

I love ultrasounds, I wish I could go everyday and peak inside! It's amazing how fast babies grow and change - even when you don't notice any changes. We went in today at 4pm, the doctor finally came in at 4:30 (actually a different doctor - one we like better!). After waiting forever we were pleasantly surprised with the detailed ultrasound we had.

Both babies are doing great; heartbeats are up nearing 170 bmp. They are both about 17.22 mm long, perfectly developing for their age. And are adorable!!! I can't believe I'm in love with them already, but it's so true! I am just in awe that there are two beating hearts in me; and I am growing them, the human body is so amazing.

The first thing we saw was Baby A's heartbeat (so fast!) and it was moving around. Amazing, I wasn't expecting to see it move yet. It was facing us and looked like it was laying on it's back; we saw a head, body, heart and two arms and legs! It really looked like a baby this time, no tail to be found! :) It looked exactly like a frog how it was sitting and moving - so that's it's new nickname until next time! Froggy baby (A) is a bit bigger and further developed than it's twin.

Then we saw Baby B's profile and heartbeat. It was sitting in a meditation position and looked exactly like a little Buddha. We saw the brain, spine, eye formation and one leg and arm (we're assuming the other side has an arm and leg too!) Buddha baby is a bit smaller than it's twin but has a faster heartbeat, and the doctor wasn't worried at all.

We also learned that I was right; Feb 25 is their "due date" - the other doctor is crazy. I am exactly 8 weeks today and both babies are measuring above the curve according to 'most' babies. What we didn't know is what came next; the doctor said I'm due then but will deliver in January!!! WOW I was shocked, I knew to expect a date before the due date, but that means we're only left with 6 months not 7. You really do need to plan ahead with twins!

After the exam and a healthy check up - we were told we graduated! I never have to go back to the Infertility clinic - I started crying because of this fact and because we have babies that look like babies. I kept saying "they have arms and legs". I was so excited! Now I have to find an OB, the doctor scared me a bit when he found out I didn't already have a new doctor - and said I'll have a hard time finding someone who isn't already booked. I'll call tomorrow because I'm freaking out a bit.

We got to take home a CD this time with videos and pictures of our little miracles; some are below (baby froggy is first. Buddha baby B is second) for you to check out! I didn't take an updated picture of me; because I look the same as 2 weeks ago; no weight gain yet it's just all migrating to my tummy and rounding out! The video below is only 3 seconds long, you can see their heartbeats and baby A (on the right) moving a bit. It was much more obvious with a long clip but it's all we have!






4 comments:

Lindsay said...

The video is amazing! I can't believe you can see them moving around already, very exciting! Six months and counting!!!

Lady and Tater said...

YAY! Congratulations on a very healthy froggy and buddha baby. :) I can't believe how fast they're growing!!

LeAnn said...

I think baby B looks like a lion. That's what I'm calling him now. Why do I always have to name your things something different? (as in Tails being Gus Gus)

melanie said...

AHHHH this is SO awesome! I love it and can't wait for everything to keep happening and growing and just continue being so amazing.

I agree, it is astonishing that our bodies can create other little bodies. Like organs and bones and eye lashes - it amazes me everyday.

Happy Graduation too BTW!