9w0d Size: green olive!
Weight gain: +0
We have two green olives - yum! Here's what is going on this week; Your little embryo has now officially graduated to fetus-hood. Adding to the excitement, a Doppler ultrasound device might be able to pick up the beating heart. With basic physical structures in place and increasingly distinct facial features, baby is kind of starting to look like... well... a baby!
Other than the growing tummy and nausea, nothing much is new. I can't wait until 10 weeks and I can (hopefully) have another ultrasound. I will finally meet my OB - I didn't choose a peri (specializes in high risk) but the clinic I am going to works closly with some of the best in the area. If I end up needing to go, they will be there.
I have so many questions for the OB;
1. Thoughts/experience with multiple births.
2. Scheduled C-Section?
3. Usual time to stop working/traveling?
4. Thoughts on bed rest? How often are women expecting twins put on bed rest of some kind? When would this be?
5. How early will the twins be born (estimate)?
6. Are there any conflicts that would make it so I have a different doctor during my pregnancy?
7. How often do you want to see me? More or the same as a singleton pregnancy?
8. Exercise?
9. Foods to avoid/enjoy?
10. How much weight should I gain (35-40 is "avg" for twins)?
Other than the growing tummy and nausea, nothing much is new. I can't wait until 10 weeks and I can (hopefully) have another ultrasound. I will finally meet my OB - I didn't choose a peri (specializes in high risk) but the clinic I am going to works closly with some of the best in the area. If I end up needing to go, they will be there.
I have so many questions for the OB;
1. Thoughts/experience with multiple births.
2. Scheduled C-Section?
3. Usual time to stop working/traveling?
4. Thoughts on bed rest? How often are women expecting twins put on bed rest of some kind? When would this be?
5. How early will the twins be born (estimate)?
6. Are there any conflicts that would make it so I have a different doctor during my pregnancy?
7. How often do you want to see me? More or the same as a singleton pregnancy?
8. Exercise?
9. Foods to avoid/enjoy?
10. How much weight should I gain (35-40 is "avg" for twins)?
11. Do I need extra folic acid for twins? (book recommends 2000 extra)
12. Will you refer me to a perinatologist?
13. When is the earliest we can find out the genders? Will you do an ultrsound at every appointment?
What else should I be asking?


2 comments:
Hey Heather! What OB office did you choose? I was reading your blog about how Dr. Opsahl said you were going to have a hard time finding someone and now I am freaking out, because I still haven't called anyone!! I didn't realize I needed to call I was waiting to be released, I guess that was kinda dumb! I just tried to call one and they were at lunch, so I am scared!!
Angie
oh, btw, my email address is writeangie7 at gmail dot com if you ever want to email me!
You're already WAY ahead of where I was - you're on the right track and on top of things!
I'd just recommend seeing if the doc is legit doing a c-section rather than doing one vaginal and one c-section. That recovery would be horrible! I wish I would have asked if my doctor would do an elective inducement. Good thing Ronan came early and yours will likely too. I also had appts with other doctors than just my own knowing that the likelihood of me getting my doctor on call the night of delivery was small; at least I would be semi-familiar with the on-call doc. Maybe it's different for twins? If it's a scheduled c-section then it will likely be your own doc is my guess.
Post a Comment