Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Week 5: Just Checking...

5w0d
Size: Appleseed
Weight Gain: +0


Your embryo (looking kind of like a tadpole) is starting to form major organs (heart, kidney, liver, stomach) and systems (nervous, circulatory, digestive). Baby's presence in your uterus triggers production of hCG (the hormone detected by pregnancy tests)... which triggers production of other hormones like estrogen and progesterone... which trigger all those great symptoms you've probably been noticing!

Since it's so early I'm terrified something is going to go wrong - so this morning, to ease my mind (since I don't really "feel" pregnant yet) I took another test, and yep it was positive.

I know it must sound crazy but I'm so used to going into the doctor every other day to see how things are going, and now I'm waiting 2 weeks.

I'm such a type-A personality it's scary. I will just have to sit back and keep reading my books.

If any of you moms out there have amazing books I should read, or great baby products, maternity products or things to avoid I would love to hear about them. I am starting to researching the things that I think we will want. I swear the best information comes from real moms not the Internet or a book written by some dude...

More later from the little appleseed (that is how big it is now - week 5) and I.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

wow, just the size of an appleseed right now? you'll be showing in no time!

LisaD said...

Oh there are so many things you can get! :P
Some of my favorites:
1) Moby Wrap (baby wearing carrier)
2) Bebe Au Lait nursing cover
3) The Happiest Baby on the Block by Dr. Karp
4) Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby by Dr. Weissbluth
5) Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy
6) Baby Bargains book - this thing was a life saver for me!
7) Take pictures of yourself each month to remember how you looked at each stage of your pregnancy. I wish I did that.

Lady and Tater said...

okay, so I totally forgive you for taking the pregnancy test again. When I bought my mini cooper, I had to leave the house and walk outside to look at it for about 3 weeks straight until it finally sank in that I own one. Okay, so not the same thing- but if I were pregnant, I would do the same thing. Goooo type A! BTW, did you get my letter and voicemail? :(

alisha said...

Welcome to pregnancyhood. Unfortunately you'll probably be "worried" about something the whole time--one month you've gained too much weight, the next month not enough, is he/she moving enough, and on and on! It's an adventure--but such an exciting one!