Wednesday, July 2, 2008

6 Weeks - We're Having Twins!

6w0d
Size: Sweet Pea
Weight Gain: +0

Growing like crazy, baby is starting to sprout eyes, ears, nose, cheeks and chin. Those little hands and feet- still webbed like paddles- might wiggle by week's end, the heart is beating (almost twice as fast as yours!), and blood is starting to circulate.

TWINS! That's right, our little miracles will be here on February 21, 2009! We are so excited and can't wait for this big adventure. You know that "mothers intuition" thing? I guess I don't have it, I've been wrong every step of the way. First, I was SURE I was not pregnant. Then, I was SURE it was only one baby. I wonder what other surprises will be in store. I'm not even going to bother guessing the sex of the babies when it comes time I'll surely be wrong about that too. Here are a few pictures of our little miracles and the pregnancy so far...

Our little blastocysts on the day 5 transfer - I mean who gets to see their babies before they're even implanted? Very cool.


Heather at 6 weeks - you can hardly tell but the clothes are getting really tight! Now I know why; there are 2 in there!!! I should have guessed when I found it weird that I was already thinking about maternity clothes at 6 weeks... I'm in what will be the babies room!!!



Our little bagel babies (I had 2 bagels for lunch today I'm sure that is why we're having twins!). They are both happy and healthy and measuring at exactly 6 weeks 1 day! We even saw their little heart beats both are at about 105 bpm. The top one is "baby A" and the bottom is "baby B". The little white dot in the center of the black circle is the fetus for those of you who only see bagels in the picture... It's hard to see the fetus, you see mostly the black circle (gestational sack) because it was hard to get them both on the screen at the same time.

8 comments:

TaNicka said...

Congratulations Heather! How fun is that going to be.Instant friends and playmates.

melanie said...

YAY! Shock is expected - I'm shocked too. How awesome. We have two to celebrate! Okay, what are you doing tomorrow morning?

LisaD said...

OMG!!! How fantastic! Congratulations!!!!:D

Elysia & my James' said...

AMAZING! Congratulations!

Lindsay said...

This is the most amazing news ever!!! I'm so happy for you and Christian and I think twins is absolutely perfect! 2 of everything forever! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

alisha said...

That is SOO exciting!! Congratulations!! 'Baby A' and 'Baby B' will be the luckiest. I'm excited to watch the progression of your pregnancy. :)

Lady and Tater said...

Heather, you guys are really blessed. This is amazing and exciting and everything all put together. Congratulations!!!!

meredith said...

This is werid, I know.. You have no idea who I am. I'm an old high school/church friend of Alisha's. I stumbled upon your blog through her. I just wanted to say congrats. You have been though so much, and even though I don't know you personally I'm SOO happy for you... I felt some what connected to your story. I never had a problem conceving, but I did have breast cancer at 25. Some of the feelings you shared, I could relate to. I can no longer have kids b/c of the chemo.But, Thankfully I do have 3 little ones at home. Again, Congrats : )