Dear Gavin and Lucas,
Happy birthday boys! I can not believe how big you are getting, I feel like I blinked and now you are two!!! We had such an amazing year and I can not wait to see what the Twos bring us; probably a lot more fun and a little bit of chaos!
Today we are celebrating your 2nd birthday with Papa, Gigi, Uncle Russ, Aunt LeAnn and Aunt Lindsay! It is Mickey Mouse themed - your absolute favorite thing right now next to Thomas the Train! We made mickey mouse frosted sugar cookies, mickey t-shirts and activity bags for dinner tonight at the Cheesecake factory! This year you got a big Thomas the train, some hot wheels and a storage case, "silly chairs" that spin, your first Lego duplos, some "food" games like shape cupcakes, cookie counting and ice cream colors - and many other great things - so spoiled! We had a great time!
At the Cheesecake Factory the wait staff sang Happy Birthday To YOU and gave you a hot fudge sundae! Gavin, you were shy about this but Lucas loved the attention! We let you eat all of the ice cream a bit of banana cream cheesecake and you even got to stay up way past your bed time!
I was going to tell you about all of the milestones you've started doing this past year, but I could write a novel about this! What aren't you doing? You are both jumping, climbing, talking in 3-4 word sentences and so much more. Some of my favorite things:
Lucas - you are very into playdoh and coloring and have learned to draw circles, you also ask for me to draw you hearts all of the time. You have the best most contagious laugh and love to go to school. You are definitely my little independent social boy with a bit of a temper if things don't go your way. For example, when playing trains (another favorite) I sometimes watch you and if they don't line up right or do what you want you get upset and throw them all on the floor and yell. Daddy thinks you get this from me! :)
Gavin - you always want to include other people in your activities and have come up with games like the "nigh night game" you go get all of your blankets and animals (Tigey, Goo and Bank-et) and you pile them up and lay down and point to have everyone join you in 'nigh night'. You are very attached to your loveys and are always concerned with how others are doing. If someone sneezes you say "bless you" if someone yawns you ask if they are tired - and are always quick with a great squeeze hug and kisses. When we drop you off at school you cry for me and when we pick you up you run to me. You also have a bit of a temper and tend to be shy. Mommy thinks you are very much like daddy! :)
Some of my not so favorite things: you have started really showing your independence and opinions with hitting, yelling and arguing with each other. It is kind of funny but you boys get into yelling matches someone will start by saying "Mommy" and the other one will reply "no mommy, daddy" and this will go on and on until someone screams and daddy or I have to break it up. What you "argue" about varies, it could be about a movie, toy, person or anything really. It's very fun to see you interact and become your own individuals - everyone comments how different you are from each other and I love this about you, my two special little men.
Most of the time you are very sweet loving boys who understand right from wrong and are quick with a "sorry" when we get a bit out of control. I am so lucky to be your mom and get to watch you grow up into such wonderful little people!
Your 2 year stats from the doctor:
Gavin: Length: 36 3/4 inches (96%). Weight: 31 lbs 2 1/2 oz (80%). Head Circumference: 19 7/8 inches (90%).
Lucas: Length: 34 1/2 inches (50%). Weight: 28 lbs 2 oz (50%). head Circumference: 19 inches (45%).
I love you more and more each day!
Love,
Mommy
Happy birthday boys! I can not believe how big you are getting, I feel like I blinked and now you are two!!! We had such an amazing year and I can not wait to see what the Twos bring us; probably a lot more fun and a little bit of chaos!
Today we are celebrating your 2nd birthday with Papa, Gigi, Uncle Russ, Aunt LeAnn and Aunt Lindsay! It is Mickey Mouse themed - your absolute favorite thing right now next to Thomas the Train! We made mickey mouse frosted sugar cookies, mickey t-shirts and activity bags for dinner tonight at the Cheesecake factory! This year you got a big Thomas the train, some hot wheels and a storage case, "silly chairs" that spin, your first Lego duplos, some "food" games like shape cupcakes, cookie counting and ice cream colors - and many other great things - so spoiled! We had a great time!
At the Cheesecake Factory the wait staff sang Happy Birthday To YOU and gave you a hot fudge sundae! Gavin, you were shy about this but Lucas loved the attention! We let you eat all of the ice cream a bit of banana cream cheesecake and you even got to stay up way past your bed time!
I was going to tell you about all of the milestones you've started doing this past year, but I could write a novel about this! What aren't you doing? You are both jumping, climbing, talking in 3-4 word sentences and so much more. Some of my favorite things:
Lucas - you are very into playdoh and coloring and have learned to draw circles, you also ask for me to draw you hearts all of the time. You have the best most contagious laugh and love to go to school. You are definitely my little independent social boy with a bit of a temper if things don't go your way. For example, when playing trains (another favorite) I sometimes watch you and if they don't line up right or do what you want you get upset and throw them all on the floor and yell. Daddy thinks you get this from me! :)
Gavin - you always want to include other people in your activities and have come up with games like the "nigh night game" you go get all of your blankets and animals (Tigey, Goo and Bank-et) and you pile them up and lay down and point to have everyone join you in 'nigh night'. You are very attached to your loveys and are always concerned with how others are doing. If someone sneezes you say "bless you" if someone yawns you ask if they are tired - and are always quick with a great squeeze hug and kisses. When we drop you off at school you cry for me and when we pick you up you run to me. You also have a bit of a temper and tend to be shy. Mommy thinks you are very much like daddy! :)
Some of my not so favorite things: you have started really showing your independence and opinions with hitting, yelling and arguing with each other. It is kind of funny but you boys get into yelling matches someone will start by saying "Mommy" and the other one will reply "no mommy, daddy" and this will go on and on until someone screams and daddy or I have to break it up. What you "argue" about varies, it could be about a movie, toy, person or anything really. It's very fun to see you interact and become your own individuals - everyone comments how different you are from each other and I love this about you, my two special little men.
Most of the time you are very sweet loving boys who understand right from wrong and are quick with a "sorry" when we get a bit out of control. I am so lucky to be your mom and get to watch you grow up into such wonderful little people!
Your 2 year stats from the doctor:
Gavin: Length: 36 3/4 inches (96%). Weight: 31 lbs 2 1/2 oz (80%). Head Circumference: 19 7/8 inches (90%).
Lucas: Length: 34 1/2 inches (50%). Weight: 28 lbs 2 oz (50%). head Circumference: 19 inches (45%).
I love you more and more each day!
Love,
Mommy








2 comments:
Heather! Love your letter to your boys'!
What cute shirts! How did you make them? Or did you buy them?
Awesome sugar cookies, and love the packaging.
the party looks like it had such cute fun details.
Happy Birthday Gavin and Lucas! They are 2! Crazy! Fun!
Thanks Shannon - you were my inspiration, but I need a lesson in blogger dedication I'm so far behind I just made a list of everything I've missed and am going to work backwards to back post so I can order their blurb book!
The shirts are SUPER Easy, I posted a blog about it on my craft blog - happy to lend you my supplies if you want to give it a try!
Link to tshirt:
http://mommybrained.blogspot.com/2011/01/simple-t-shirts-freezer-paper-appliques.html
Post a Comment