And standing! Gavin is helping brother, because Lucas isn't quite there yet - he still has no interest in standing, walking, talking or really crawling - Gavin does most of that for him and is such a little cruiser.
Last week I watched Gavin grab a toy, and crawl over to Lucas. He puts the toy in front of Lucas' face, nods his head and then grabs the binkie out of Luc's mouth (mind you he had a binkie of his own in his mouth) and crawled away. He provides these 'offerings' to Lucas at least once a day.
Later in the day Gavin had two binkies again (he is officially the binkie thief) one in each hand. He puts one in his mouth, when he can't fit the other in his mouth he held his hand out toward me, nodded his head and dropped it in my hand. We played a back and forth game for several minutes until he decided he didn't want to share anymore and he crawled away.
Lucas has been entertaining us by saying "hi, hey and ahhhh" in his excited voice. He has turned into such a charmer and is such a nice little boy (when he's content). He's become the good eater and good sleeper of the two as well. He still rolls as fast as he can everywhere he wants to go, and often gets stuck. He is so inquisitive and uses one little pointer finger to inspect things (like zippers and buttons). He can stay engrossed in his own entertainment for hours.
Today Gavin crawled up to me as I was laying on the couch and very clearly said "up" and lifted his arms in the air and nodded. Of course I picked him up, such a big boy and so cute! Lucas is trying to get the hang of it all, he is definitely crawling, or what I consider crawling: he uses his legs to push himself and one arm to pull & steer. The other arm just lays there limp, I really hope I get it on video it is pretty funny and cute - I'm so proud, good work buddy!
I think he may just go straight to walking as this week he pulled himself up to a stand at his car walker toy all by himself. When I saw him he got really excited and fell straight over and hit his head hard. Such mixed emotions with milestones like standing and walking!
They surprise me every day and are growing like crazy - up next a first birthday party! Stay tuned!


No comments:
Post a Comment