Tuesday, August 25, 2009

7 months old & growing out of clothes!!!


















The boys are so big! I don't know their weights, but have recognized that they can't fit into 6-9 month clothes anymore (unless I want it to look like a muscle tee and lets face it sometimes that works).

In the spirit of attempting to save money, and getting tired of always buying new clothes I've decided to go straight to 12 month clothes and skip the 9 month size except for the stuff I already have. Also, since winter gear can be expensive I'd rather them wear it for a few months and grow into them. The sizes for baby clothes are so random, the weights all overlap and it seems to me that in the next month or so their rapid growth will start to taper off (or so I've been told - I have no idea if it's true but I'm running with it). Also it varies from brand to brand, which is irritating, even when the weight range is the exact same the different brands fit way different. Thus, welcome 12 month clothes!


Today on my way to work I passed by a local consignment shop (I think it's called Tree Top) a friend of mine recommended (thank you Shannon!) I decided to check it out and found some killer deals. I've been in several second hand shops and this place has way cheaper prices and a bigger selection. I found two Ralph Lauren polo shirts, two osh kosh zip sweatshirts and one osh kosh jacket - all for $22 bucks!!! I may try to sell some stuff too and so I got the info for that.

If anyone has any other recommendations of second hand stores let me know - Melanie we NEED to go to that one up in Lynnwood and check it out! :)


Other news; the boys are now eating lots of different foods. So far they've tried sweet potatoes, bananas, carrots, applesauce, peas (they HATE them), and now pears. They love to feed themselves bananas and I just ordered some baby Mum Mums that they can feed themselves too.


Lucas is soooo happy now and it's a welcome change. He's becoming as big of a flirt as big brother Gavin (who thinks he can crawl by the way). Both boys love their toes and putting them and everything else they can get their hands on directly in their mouth. Gavin's favorite trick is to soak his shirt/bib/sock in drool and then proceed to suck on it for several hours (whatever makes him happy right?) He also enjoys 'crawling' which he puts his bum up in the air and then pushes himself in a superman pose - inevitably he scoots like an inch worm, usually backwards. Both boys roll in circles and are very fast, we can't leave them for more than a minute or they end up across the room.


Favorite toys are their exersaucer/jumpers, those plastic keys, and are loving their play mat with things hanging above them. Any mirror also provides minutes of fun (which is a long time for them - lol).


Favorite games are "peek a boo" and "where's {insert name here}". They laugh all of the time, Lucas gets so happy when he laughs that he gets the hiccups and ends up spitting up. This especially happens when you play any game involving making kissing noises near his neck - they love this and laugh so hard.


New this past week is that Gavin "sings" himself to sleep. As he is laying in his crib or you are holding him he makes "ahhhmuuum" sounds and it sounds like he is almost growling - we think he likes the vibration it causes.


More later... :)

1 comment:

Angie said...

Oh my gosh, that picture is so cute! Ethan and Justin's BFF's are getting so big! (sniff sniff)....

I am excited that they are attempting to "crawl" and scoot!

I'm with ya on the clothing thing...we have been putting off buying new clothes for a while now!

Let me know how the mum mums go!

Oh, and btw, I wanted to thank you again for the schedule advice...things have been going much better. you are a lifesaver!