Thursday, May 28, 2009

Back to work...

Well it's official, I'm online because I'm sitting at my desk alone - back to work. I have mixed emotions, I know I need to work but really don't want to. Something I've been struggling with lately. I am so jealous of all of the stay at home moms right now, who don't have this emotional tug-o-war inside them. I never thought I'd want to be a stay at home mom, until now.

My team did decorate my cube (pictures below), a big welcome back sign and some cobwebs since I've been gone so long. We added it up and almost 7 months gone when you factor in my at home bed rest while working, hospital bed rest not working, maternity and paternity leaves. I have been very lucky, I must admit.
All in all I've done pretty good today, cried only two times. Once when I was walking out the front door and the second time when I got to work and got my computer bag out of the car and noticed my boy's blankets in the back seat. I realized I wasn't going to be taking them out of the car with me today (a first). So sad.
Maybe I'll buy a lotto ticket on my way home... Mel if I win I'll split it with you and we can both stay home with our boys! :)

More later - I'll have a lot more Internet time these days!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

The first time I left Ashley when she was little and went to work I cried on and off all day long-even now when I call home and the kids want me to be home and I'm at work I get a little teary..hang in there

melanie said...

We'll make it. Some how we will. After all, we HAVE to. And we'll just keep finding all the bad things about being stay at home moms just so we feel better about being at work. (sorry all our stay at home friends, it's our way of dealing with green jealousy)

melanie said...

I should add that I'm SO RELIEVED to have someone to share this experience with! If only our cubes were still next to each other. :( But we can email our tears instead!!!

Congrats on your first day back!

Elysia & my James' said...

Aw, I can only imagine how hard it is and I will know soon enough. I wish we'd get paid to be stay at home moms... it's a tough job!