Whoever came up with that term never met my babies - who don't like to sleep. Or rather, will sleep only if certain conditions are met:
1. They have had "enough" to eat. This of course varies each feeding and I inevitably make way too much causing waste or too little causing a screaming baby and no sleep.
2. They have been held after eating for "enough" time. This is always interrupted by the other baby wanting his turn. Again causing no sleep.
3. They are swaddled to their specifications: Gavin arms out, binkie in, sound machine on. Lucas arms in very tight so he can work on getting them out, binkie in, sound machine on.
For some reason I hit the jackpot this afternoon and after two hours the boys are "sleeping like a baby". The proof:
At this point you have to start all over calming them. Binkie in, held tightly so when they start sucking wildly it won't come out (this includes a video game noise: ow ow ow) with my other hand re-swaddling and holding them tightly down for comfort since they like boundaries. Next you have to "shush" them while stroking their heads. Usually within 10 minutes they are calm. When they do it at the same time I'm SOL since I don't have enough hands to calm them both.
I can't wait till they can self soothe. They are working on sucking their thumbs!!!
Well time to start over!



1 comment:
I have a couple of friends who swear by momsoncall.com. My twin-mom friend said it saved her new twin-mom life in terms of getting the sleeping routine down. Check it out if you want.
Post a Comment