Thursday, January 29, 2009

A very delayed update...

I'm finally getting around to updating you all - so much has happened. The boys are doing great, Gavin is officially over 6 lbs and Lucas is over the 5 lb mark.

Today is Gavin's graduation day - he is being released from the hospital since this past week he made it to all 8 feedings via a bottle, passed his car seat test and hasn't had more episodes. Lucas doesn't get to come home yet, which has left me very emotional, since he had an episode of apnea a few days ago. He's "eligible" on Sunday if no more occur and he passes his car seat test. Looks like the family will be at home together to watch the Superbowl!

Because Luc can't come home we're all staying as a family together in the NICU, I can't leave him by himself even though Vin is ready to go home.

Last night we had our first sleepover as a family - in the NICU. Every 3 hours we were woken up by fussy babies, though they didn't really scream just grunted to let us know they were ready to eat. Each boy takes about 20 minutes to eat still, so I got about 2 hour chunks of sleeping time. Tonight we're going to try the real schedule of 6 hour "shifts" to get a long stretch - this will be easier at home with different rooms.

I'm officially stopping pumping, I just couldn't do it and feel great about the decision to stop. I know I gave my boys a great start by giving them some breast milk (even though I never really had planned on it). Now I'm in the process of "suppressing" which doesn't feel very good, but I have a lot more time on my hands!

I'll post more pictures soon!!!

No comments: