Wednesday, January 7, 2009

33 Weeks - at home!!!

33w0d
Size: Honeydew
Weight: +38 total

Baby’s senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing your lullabies! Growth (at least inside your womb) is starting to slow, and you may notice baby descend into your pelvis at the end of this month.

The doctor let me stay home! Yesterday's appointment went well, I had a non-stress test (NST), ultrasound and cervical length check. The boys look great, and my cervix (because I know you're all following it's every move - lol) is up to about 2.2 cm which is great news. The doctor says he's not worried and thinks everything looks great. I'm still on my "uterus calming" medications four times a day and told to lay down at home. Luckily the doctor said I am allowed to sit/lounge and don't have to lay down all of the time.

Next week is my "do not deliver until" date and then after that the doctor will let the boys come whenever they want to - or we evict them! We're mostly ready for the little men, and have a lot more set up at home which makes me feel much better! I can't wait to meet them!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

YAY for getting to stay home and the boys staying put for so long! I know you're on best rest, but how possible would it be to get a new belly picture posted?!

Elysia & my James' said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe you are already 33 weeks. You're going to get to meet your little men so SOON! Congrats mommy and yea for your cervix behaving!