25w0dSize: Eggplant - month 6!
Weight: +0 this week (still 20 total)
Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.
Evidently at this point I should be gaining 1.5 pounds per week - which would be about 20 pounds more. I guess I'm right on track because my doctor wanted me to gain about 35-45 pounds total. Half way done with the weight gain and only 13 weeks left!
I can't believe I've been pregnant for six months! I'm starting to get really uncomfortable. I can't get up by myself very easily from laying or sitting down. My arms and legs have also been going numb when I sleep. Every morning I wake up and my right side is tingling - I think it's because of how I'm laying on my side, like I have another choice! I'm hungry all the time and HOLY heartburn! I'm still having contractions but haven't been too worried since the last two times I went into the doctor there was nothing going on. Plus, I see the OB every other week with an u/s to check my cervical length.
Last week I treated myself to some highlights and a haircut - I needed a change from "yucky mommy" hair. It is a bit blonder then I initially wanted but I like it. This week I think I'm up for a pedicure, since I can't reach my toes anymore!
Christian and I are still working on names, we're pretty sure about the first names but have no idea what the middle names will be - which means we don't know the names at all b/c the whole name has to sound good together. It's really tough to name two kids at once! I'm also a bit nervous to tell people the names we like because everyone has an opinion. We won't change our minds but don't really want the unsolicited name advice.
After our shower on Sunday we put the nursery together and it is SO CUTE! We went with the sailboat theme in the room different shades of blue and white (I'll post pictures later). We have most of the big items that the boys will need - but we still have almost NO clothes or toys/books for them. I'm a bit stressed out trying to figure out what sizes the boys will need for the different seasons and how much they actually need. I think when January rolls around the right season will be in retail and we can buy clothes better for newborn and ongoing. Right now everything is winter and they won't need winter clothes until they're 9 months. Plus I don't know how big they'll be which adds to the confusion.
We went to our first baby class on Saturday "life with multiples". However the instructor didn't know anything and it was basically a waste of time. However I met Angie and her husband, we're both due on Feb 25 with twin boys! :) This Friday we start our delivery class, with the same instructor and many of the same people from class. Hopefully we'll get more out of this class.
I've been home sick this week, really run down and feeling flu-ish. It's nice to just relax and not work when I feel sick. Usually I would force myself to go into work and help out, but being sick on top of pregnant makes me a bit selfish! :)
More later...


No comments:
Post a Comment