21w2dSize: Banana
Weight: +1 (+13 total)
Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.
I’ve been super busy lately this past week I’ve been in Chicago for a client trip (my last traveling woo hoo!) – turns out the boys either love or hate flying because they were really active during the flight. Ever since my return home flight on Wed I’ve been feeling them actually kick. I don’t have to focus anymore to see if I’m actually feeling them move. It’s amazing. I mostly feel the kicks when I’m laying down at night; they are also usually more active when I get hungry, not sure if there is a correlation but it’s interesting. I love the feeling.
Last weekend I went to the eMOMs sale and scored big time! We got there at 8am, and were allowed in with the eMOM members at 9am. I RAN to the stroller section because I knew these would go fast. I found a Peg Pergo and Combi stroller that I liked, I ended up with the Combi Twin Savvy LX double stroller – it was newer and in better condition. More expensive than the Peg Pergo however I think this is because it is a better stroller. We got it at a killer deal and it has the exact same features as the Baby Jogger I wanted, it is lighter, and even folds up easier and smaller (with one click of a button it folds in half height wise and then again in width. It looks like the one pictured on the left but is only black and grey. It is in awesome condition and after a good wash looks brand new.We also got a baby papasan chair that also can be rocked by someone, a big Winnie the pooh stuffed animal and lots of newborn onesies and a pair of matching boys shoes. I think we did well – we ended up spending less than $100 total. There is another sale in April, I’ll probably go to that one to get any additional items I need. While waiting in line I even met some of the eMOMs who have 3 year old twins, it was nice to talk to other twin mommies and make some connections.
We’re still working on the nursery; need to put up the chair rail. I’m excited to get it finished – right now it is a mess with tools and chair rail all over the place waiting to be finished. It will look great when my husband and dad finish it.
I’m also really excited about my upcoming baby showers. My two best friends are hosting one for me at the beginning of November for friends, and at the end of November my mom and her friend are hosting one for family and parent’s friends. I think this will make me feel like these little boys are really coming. I’ve also been really excited about the holidays this year; we decided to not have our annual Halloween party because there is just too much going on – but I can’t wait for thanksgiving and Christmas, maybe it’s the idea of the amazing FOOD!
We were supposed to start our birthing/labor class for multiples tonight, however due to low enrollment it was canceled and I was switched to the November class – a bit disappointing but not a big deal.
I think that’s about it, still feeling good and getting really excited!!! I go to the doctor again on Tuesday for a quick check in and need to ask about my diet, I don’t think I’m getting enough protein or calcium.
More later – hope you’re all well!


1 comment:
I'm glad everything is going so well for you! Congrats on scoring great deals at the eMOMS sale. We have something similar in my area, but I'm such an impatient shopper! They allowed first-time moms to go to a pre-sale the day before the sale opens to the public. I couldn't believe how many moms-to-be were there. I looked around and just left because the line to pay was ridiculous!!!
I can't wait to see final pics of your nursery! We're STILL trying to figure out a theme/pick out bedding. Argh!!!
Post a Comment