16w1d Size: Avocado! YUMMY!
Weight Gain: +1 (4 total)
Watch what you say... tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean the little one can now pick up your voice. Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming. And, if you're interested, an ultrasound might be able to determine gender.
We had a great appointment yesterday; first we saw our OB Dr. Hyde and after we had an ultrasound (that I scheduled even though I wasn't supposed to have one yet). We don't have any gender news for you yet.
I've been super uncomfortable lately; and during my OB visit it turns out I have a bladder infection. No fun, but I am on some baby-friendly antibiotics because with the amount of blood they found they don't want me to get a kidney infection. I'm hoping to start feeling more comfortable very soon!
It was a quick appointment with the doctor because he was on-call but we got to hear the babies heartbeat for the first time; I couldn't really hear it so luckily they re-did it during the ultrasound which was much more clear because of the machine they were using. It was pretty neat.
During our ultrasound we got to see the little ones; who had grown quite a bit! They look so big and both can't fit on the screen (full body) at the same time. We only saw a head view, picture of their feet together and then each baby sitting rump up sucking their thumbs. No "show" for mom and dad. They were very calm this time and didn't see them spinning in circles or kicking each other. Very cute and of course it made me cry like always. I'll post the pictures once I can scan them.
Thats about it from the doc appt. We go back in a month (20 weeks) for the big ultrasound and this is when everyone will find out what we're having.
I've noticed my first official cravings; BLT sandwiches and Lemonade. I can't get enough of these and would eat/drink this for every meal if Christian would let me. I thought I felt the baby move but I chalked it up to gas. The doctor said that I will start to notice it between now and my next appointment (20 weeks).
He also said that after my next appt he will start seeing me every 2 weeks and then when we get much closer every week from here on out. I am excited because a month is a very long time. I'm glad we saw them yesterday, otherwise I would have had to wait 2 whole months which would have been torture.
LeAnn gave us some BabiesRUs coupons that she got in the mail; so today or tomorrow we're going to go and order the baby furniture and start painting (gender neutral) which will go with either gender themes we've discussed. I can't wait to buy baby stuff!!!
More later, h


No comments:
Post a Comment