10w0dSize: prune
Weight Gain: -1
With bones and cartilage starting to form and vital organs beginning to function, baby is making major progress. Body length will almost double in the next three weeks, and arm joints are now working. (Soon, legs will too.)
Today was my first OB visit with Dr. Hyde at Evergreen Women's Care. I really like him - great guy, good bedside manner and above all, he talks a ton and answers every question in detail. He also mentioned several times that he is here to support me and will allow me to choose my delivery method and induction date if we get that far.
When I first went in I met with a nurse who gave me a ton of free samples and a bag full of stuff, a book and handouts on what to do/not to do. It answered a lot of my immediate questions and went over some of the optional tests. Then I went back to the waiting room until I could see the doctor.
He came in and had a huge smile on his face, very friendly and said "congratulations!". He sat down and said; "so what questions do you have for me?" For the next 20 minutes we just talked about the questions I had about multiples and my options, I was glad it wasn't a lecture. Very informative and I felt like he really answered the questions - even though some of the answers we're that we will have to wait and see how the pregnancy progresses to know.
He did mention that until around 20 weeks I'll be treated like a 'regular' patient and he only needs to see me every 4 weeks. Once I'm at 32 weeks he'll likely send me to a peri for in depth ultrasound exams and see me every other week. Also, that I will deliver by 38 weeks for sure - he won't let me go any further. If the babies share a placenta he'll deliver by 36 weeks via c-section to avoid any complications. It was nice to have a target date in mind. It was also nice to hear that it is completely my choice if I do a c-section or not. He gave me the pros and cons and situation examples and said that I don't have to choose until we get that far. I told him I was leaning toward c-section, which he is fine with.
He started the routine physical - when I asked him if we would do an ultrasound today or when the next one would be. We discussed the options for the "NT" combined test that I could do in 2 weeks and I said we'd want to do that one. After I had made the decision he said "one second" and walked out of the room, kind of random I had no idea where he was going. A minute later he came back in with a portable ultrasound machine in tow. I was so excited when he said "let's just take a quick look". He did my first stomach ultrasound, which was less clear but he was able to see the babies, their separate sacs and heartbeats. We even saw the eye sockets, jaw bone, and head, arms and legs.
I was totally excited, and loved that he knew just taking a quick look would put my mind at ease and was exactly what I wanted. This reassured that he was a good doctor for me. He didn't ask questions about why I wanted to see them he just did it and seemed excited to see the little ones - you could tell he really likes his job.
All in all I'm very glad with my choice and really like the office. I didn't have to wait long and there were quite a few doctors and nurses around.


3 comments:
I saw Dr. Angela Chen when I went to Evergreen. I LOVE the hospital and all the staff there. They were fantastic. I'm happy you found a great doctor and that things are progressing nicely! Miss you!
The office is real nice and I too am glad you feel comfortable! I saw Drs Keyes, Stemmerman and Russell while I was there; all were great.
LMK if the receptionist says "cute
shirt" to you when you go in. She said that to me and almost every other person in the waiting room when they checked in. She's funny. I always wanted to, but never did, tell her "cute shirt" before she could say it to me. :) haha
Hey! I am so glad to hear your appointment went so well! Sounds like Dr. Hyde was very nice. I'm glad you got to see the babies! Did you ever come up with more questions to ask him?
So you saw my drama that happened! UGH! I ended up calling the OB's office and talking to a nurse. She was so nice! I feel much better after talking to her. She said I could just keep my original appointment and unless I have anymore problems I should be fine. I did ask her about setting up my NT scan and she had me do that. So, looks like I am good to go....I just have to wait 2 weeks! :(
Hopefully 2 drama-free weeks! :)
Angie
Post a Comment