Dear Gavin & Lucas,I am 3: I am not built to sit still, keep my hands to myself, take turns, be patient, stand in line, or keep quiet. I need motion, I need novelty, I need adventure, and I need to engage the world with my whole body. Let me play. (Trust me, I'm learning)!
Happy third birthday buddies! You are getting so much bigger every day and are quite the little independent men. So much has happened this past year, and we have had so much fun! Some big highlights; we moved to Olympia and I became a stay at home mom to be with you guys all the time! We also got a puppy last week, a weimeriner we decided to name Piper. You both love her very much.
We were planning to have a big "cars2" movie party for you, but you are both sick again on your birthday, bummer! Yesterday Lucas had a febrile seizure while we were in Seattle that we will find out was caused by pneumonia. Poor kid. But that didn't stop us from watching Cars2, opening presents and eating cake and lots of popcorn!
Party details: your cousins (Kevin, Sophie, Stevie, Bella) all came over as well as Papa & Gigi, Nana and your uncles Matt & Adrian, and Aunt Jodi and Uncle Terry and Grammy! We ate your request of: hot dogs, popcorn and cake! And you received so many wonderful presents, lots of cars2 stuff including cars2 wooden cars for the train set from your cousins, your own gift certificates to McDonalds, books, cars2 sweatshirts, your own kids sized guitars, playdoh tools, play food for your kitchen and lots lots more!
Some of your "year 3" favorites: playdoh, train tracks, play kitchen and pretend food, you are starting to make up stories and play your own games with toys which is really fun to see. Gavin you are really into building things with legos, and Lucas you are really into coloring and art. You love the movie Cars which is why you picked that for your birthday party this year! You are also at the age where you really need your 'run around' outside time to get energy out. If you don't you get really grumpy and nobody is happy! Good thing we moved into this big house with a fenced back yard - I have really enjoyed watching you play and explore!
Some "firsts" you experienced this year: you got your first dog, your own big boy beds in your very own rooms, you rode the bus and became experts at the childrens museum and farmers markets.
I am sure there is so much more that happened, I am so proud of you and love you very much!
Love,
mommy


No comments:
Post a Comment