Thursday, December 1, 2011

Oh the things you have said - 2011

Gavin and Lucas - you are the funniest kids ever. Now that you are talking, you haven't stopped. Here are just some of the things you said in 2011 that were too good not to write down!

Gavin's new phrase "this is cracking me!" (aka cracking me up).

Vin before nap "mommy, I want to sleep in my new puppy hat, because puppies sleep better". 

You know you have boys when all they say is: "I/it/he tooted" ALL DAY LONG and think it's the funniest thing ever. Time for a new joke vin&luc.

Gavin woke up wanting milkshakes. So at snack I poured a glass of milk, added a bit of chocolate syrup, put the sippy cup lid on and told him to shake it. he said "It's a milk shake". 

Lucas' favorite song is by John Mayer, and goes "Gravity........Is working against me" When Lucas sings it he says"Cranberry... is against me"

Today at the grocery store Lucas impressed me with his ABC's saying, "C is for cookie, D is for Daddy, Mmm is for Mommy, L is for Lucas, G is for Gavin. What is for Papa again, oh yeah P. and G is for Gigi, hey just like G for Gavin mama! YAY, how'd I know that!?!"

Gavin came downstairs crying after we tucked him in bed; "I can't sleep because my toe came out my jammies." Christian and I were dying laughing, hearing this and seeing gavin's two big toes out of his footed jammies.

My little baking buddy, luc got to lick the spoon of the cookies we were making. When I asked if it tasted good, he said: "I need to try it again!"

While playing legos Gavin came over and said "I picked these flowers for you mommy." he had a cup full of the lego flowers - melt my heart, such a sweet boy!

Gavin quoting toy story "look I'm pa-costco" (picasso). 

Lucas when I told him I love you "don't say that word it makes me sad".

Something I never thought I'd say as a mom; "toothbrushes are not for penises"

vin&luc have started saying sorry before they break a rule. "Sorry climb on the table mommy" as they climb up. "Sorry hit and yell" as they are mid smack.

Watching g&l play with toy cupcakes (they say pup-cakes). They cooked them, sang happy birthday and Lucas went and got his power tools to cut them. 

G&L met a friend at Morgan & Courtney's wedding. All night the boys were dancing together. When its time to leave they cry and say "I want to dance at the wedding!" the whole ride home it was "I just want to DANCE!"

Driving home from the beach Gavin is yelling "roar" really loud in the car, obviously bored. I ask him to stop and he says "sorry being a tiger mommy!" 

Tonight here are the rules according to gavin: "I say no-thank-you-lucas! You no bite, no hitting, no scratching, no yell. stay in my bed and thank-you-for-our-food mommy. And I love you". My little rules man and oh so sweet. Lucas just looked at him and said "yep" and ran away with a giggle.

me: "gavin, who is the president?"
gavin: "Obama"
me: "good job, now Lucas who is vice president?"
Lucas: "Joey Biden"
The boys go to school with a Joey so I guess the VP is now Joey not Joe in his mind :)

Gavin's new phrase: "oh my goooodness!"

1 comment:

Mrs Guthrie said...

Oh man! These till make me laugh!