Monday, February 15, 2010

Off to school

Dear Gavin & Lucas,

Today you started school. It is a bit of an emotional day for us, because mommy is returning to work in the office full time and GiGi won't be watching you anymore (but she will miss you and come visit often!). I will miss being with you every Thursday and Friday, but if it doesn't work out we can always make changes!

I know this will be a great step and you will eventually love to go play with your friends and will learn lots - but today when you cried really hard at drop off it melted my heart and I almost couldn't leave you. But I did, and got a report that after the first few minutes you stopped crying. You took a great nap that first day and came home really tired and slept very well. I think your new school wore you out!

This first week was the hardest, but you have already done so much:

Gavin, you took your first 3 steps alone this week! We think you are trying to keep up with your new friends at daycare.

You both picked up this funny new waving thing at school, we see all the kids do it at snack time - it looks like you are flapping your little wings. You get so excited!

You also did your first art project, and painted shamrocks that were posted in the classroom. You even came home with matching green hands from the paint - what fun!

We also know that you are going to pick up lots of germs in the coming months, and will probably get sick - Mommy isn't looking forward to that part! But so far, I think school has already been a benefit for you!

I love you,
Mommy

No comments: