4 weeks – On 6/18/08 we found out I’m
pregnant! I am achy and exhausted all day long and fall asleep by 7 pm each
night.
5 weeks
– The babies hate it when I sneeze or roll over when I’m laying down, round
ligament pain starts. Starting this week chicken is the worst food imaginable
and until about 12 weeks I can’t eat it.
6 weeks
– Happy 4th of July! On 7/2/08 we saw two heartbeats – TWINS! Morning
sickness started at 6 weeks, and went till 10 weeks the worst was at 8 weeks.
Also this week I start having weird dreams and everything smells really bad.
7 weeks
– I start to realize this is REAL – I am actually pregnant, and start bonding
with the babies growing inside me.
8 weeks – We “graduated” from our Reproductive Endocrinologist and no longer need to see a specialty doctor. Starting this week I can’t figure out what to eat, I order and eat everything off of Christian’s plate instead.
9 weeks
– My first and only food craving so far – I want Krispy Crème doughnuts after
seeing some in a movie. We drove to Issaquah in rush hour traffic. So worth it!
10 weeks
– Our first OB visit with Dr. Hyde, we learn what to expect for the next 30
weeks! Find out that “full term” for twins is 38 weeks.
11 weeks
– Everyone at work and the rest of our friends find out our little secret(s)!
My pants started getting really tight – I’m officially in ‘buffet’ maternity
pants 90% of the time, even though I keep wearing one pair of ‘regular pants’
for another 2 weeks.
12 weeks
– We have an NT scan for the babies to rule out some genetic conditions. Everything
looked perfect, and we got to watch our little miracles via ultrasound for 45
minutes.
13 weeks
– The second trimester starts! NT blood test came back, both babies are happy
and healthy! Still ZERO weight gain total since finding out I am pregnant. I’m
never really hungry, nausea is gone and I have a ton more energy. I’m in the
‘fat stage’ not quite pregnant looking and can’t fit into my regular clothes.
Bring on the bump!
14 weeks – Back pain starts, can't sit or stand for long periods of time!
15 weeks – First weight gain +3 pounds!
16 weeks – We find out the gender s– but keep it a secret! We hear the babies’ heartbeats for the first time. Turns out I have a bladder infection. Official cravings start – BLT Sandwiches and Lemonade for every meal! I also crave fresh fruit.
17 weeks – My belly button hurts, can it stretch more? I felt the babies move for the first time – felt like someone opened a pop can in my belly. We ordered the nursery furniture and started painting the walls yellow and white.
14 weeks – Back pain starts, can't sit or stand for long periods of time!
15 weeks – First weight gain +3 pounds!
16 weeks – We find out the gender s– but keep it a secret! We hear the babies’ heartbeats for the first time. Turns out I have a bladder infection. Official cravings start – BLT Sandwiches and Lemonade for every meal! I also crave fresh fruit.
17 weeks – My belly button hurts, can it stretch more? I felt the babies move for the first time – felt like someone opened a pop can in my belly. We ordered the nursery furniture and started painting the walls yellow and white.
18 weeks – I got my first and only nose bleed
of my adult life. Lots of baby movement, still just feels like butterflies.
Lots of round ligament pain – the babies are growing! The nursery is finished
(round one) and we realize our house is not baby-proof.
19 weeks – We are (at least) half way and I am obviously pregnant – belly is going straight out! Braxton hicks contractions start – first trip to the doctor to get them checked out, but all is well!
20 weeks – We announce TWIN BOYS! Boys start to interact during the ultrasound, A kicking B in the nose. Found out A’s placenta is anterior (outside) and B’s is posterior (inside), and why I haven’t been able to feel A move much – the placenta is in-between him and I. Growing well, each about 12 ounces heartbeats in the 150’s my cervix is 4+ cm no signs of labor progressing!
21 weeks – I can feel the boys actually kick, no more guessing if they’re moving they are strong and usually are active at night when I am laying down. Went to the eMOM’s sale and found a double stroller and baby papasan chair.
22 weeks – I’ve gained 16 pounds so far and started having heartburn daily. Started to get run down every day and have contractions, advised to work from home in afternoons and try to take naps. No sign of preterm labor as my cervix is 3.5 cm (anything 2.5+ is good). Christian feels the boys move for the first time!
23 weeks – Happy Halloween! Lots of contractions, back to the doctor to get checked but there are no signs of pending labor. Saw my belly move when the boys kick for the first time – they are much more active and very strong. The kicks are starting to hurt! I noticed my first stretch marks on my sides.
24 weeks – I’ve officially gained 20 pounds. Growth check this week shows that the boys are each 1 lb 7 ounces and in the 45th percentile for a ‘singleton’ baby – great news! This week I get a flu shot. I decide we should re-paint the nursery blue, instead of the yellow we originally painted (I am indecisive about everything these days).
25 weeks – My first baby shower, a high tea with friends and my mom hosted by LeAnn and Lindsay. Starting to get uncomfortable and can’t get up from a seated position easily anymore. My stomach feels tight and skin hurts from stretching. We began our baby classes, life with multiples and a multiple labor and delivery class. I meet a woman pregnant with twin boys due the same day as us!
26 weeks – Style has given away to comfort, I opt for crocs instead of cute shoes since my feet hurt so bad, they are swollen and grew a whole size! Boys are both heads down for the first time and vitals look great. Can’t sit, lay or stand for long periods of time – hands and legs go numb and feels like I have carpel tunnel. Boy's push and kick in same spots every day, and can feel both boy's bums push against my side which hurts after awhile. I rub my tummy to get them to move positions.
27 weeks – Thanksgiving is here! We announce the boy’s names: Gavin & Lucas though we don’t know which baby will have which name until we meet them. The cat laying next to my belly and purring causes the boys to kick and react to the outside noise! My mom hosts a really fun baby shower for our family and family friends! The nursery is completed and all major baby products are purchased. We are ready, but the boys need to stay put for several more weeks!!!
19 weeks – We are (at least) half way and I am obviously pregnant – belly is going straight out! Braxton hicks contractions start – first trip to the doctor to get them checked out, but all is well!
20 weeks – We announce TWIN BOYS! Boys start to interact during the ultrasound, A kicking B in the nose. Found out A’s placenta is anterior (outside) and B’s is posterior (inside), and why I haven’t been able to feel A move much – the placenta is in-between him and I. Growing well, each about 12 ounces heartbeats in the 150’s my cervix is 4+ cm no signs of labor progressing!
21 weeks – I can feel the boys actually kick, no more guessing if they’re moving they are strong and usually are active at night when I am laying down. Went to the eMOM’s sale and found a double stroller and baby papasan chair.
22 weeks – I’ve gained 16 pounds so far and started having heartburn daily. Started to get run down every day and have contractions, advised to work from home in afternoons and try to take naps. No sign of preterm labor as my cervix is 3.5 cm (anything 2.5+ is good). Christian feels the boys move for the first time!
23 weeks – Happy Halloween! Lots of contractions, back to the doctor to get checked but there are no signs of pending labor. Saw my belly move when the boys kick for the first time – they are much more active and very strong. The kicks are starting to hurt! I noticed my first stretch marks on my sides.
24 weeks – I’ve officially gained 20 pounds. Growth check this week shows that the boys are each 1 lb 7 ounces and in the 45th percentile for a ‘singleton’ baby – great news! This week I get a flu shot. I decide we should re-paint the nursery blue, instead of the yellow we originally painted (I am indecisive about everything these days).
25 weeks – My first baby shower, a high tea with friends and my mom hosted by LeAnn and Lindsay. Starting to get uncomfortable and can’t get up from a seated position easily anymore. My stomach feels tight and skin hurts from stretching. We began our baby classes, life with multiples and a multiple labor and delivery class. I meet a woman pregnant with twin boys due the same day as us!
26 weeks – Style has given away to comfort, I opt for crocs instead of cute shoes since my feet hurt so bad, they are swollen and grew a whole size! Boys are both heads down for the first time and vitals look great. Can’t sit, lay or stand for long periods of time – hands and legs go numb and feels like I have carpel tunnel. Boy's push and kick in same spots every day, and can feel both boy's bums push against my side which hurts after awhile. I rub my tummy to get them to move positions.
27 weeks – Thanksgiving is here! We announce the boy’s names: Gavin & Lucas though we don’t know which baby will have which name until we meet them. The cat laying next to my belly and purring causes the boys to kick and react to the outside noise! My mom hosts a really fun baby shower for our family and family friends! The nursery is completed and all major baby products are purchased. We are ready, but the boys need to stay put for several more weeks!!!
28 weeks – Officially in the third trimester. Our
first trip to labor and delivery at Evergreen hospital. Contractions would not
go away, needed two bags of IV fluid and two shots of terbutaline to stop the
contractions. No signs of actual preterm labor, so I was released after 5 hours
of being monitored. Doctor advises me to slow down or will put me on bed rest. Growth
scan at doctor’s appointment shows the boys are 3lbs each and in the 85th
percentile for weight. Both boys are still heads down. Measurement of my uterus
from the outside shows I am measuring to 36 weeks, no wonder I’m uncomfortable!
My friends from Bunco host a surprise shower!
29 weeks - Total weight gain is 30 pounds so
far. Gestational diabetes test was done and I passed! Boys are both still heads
down, my doctor’s appointments are now weekly to measure my cervical length (3+
this week) and check on the babies – both are doing great! I am officially
working from home full time.
30 weeks - 8 weeks left until "full
term". Stretch marks on the belly appear. Baby A starts to get hiccups every
day after I eat.
31 weeks – Merry Christmas! Growth scan shows
both boys are 4 pounds each and vitals look great. My cervix has shortened to
about 2.3 cm from 3.3 in a week - doctor wants me to come back in 3 days. Day
after Christmas ultrasound shows my cervix is 1.5 cm and .5 with 'pressure' the
doctor admits me to the hospital and says I'll stay until the boys are born
(could be a month!) Heartburn is terrible and I'm prescribed a stronger drug to
help - it works miracles and I can eat again.
32 weeks – Happy New Year – It is 2009! We're still in
the hospital, contractions have settled down and the boys look great. So far bed
rest isn't bad, and we've had many visitors. I'm given nifedipine every six
hours to keep my uterus calm and ensure contractions don't progress labor, the
drug gives me a headache and makes me light headed.
33 weeks – Cervix is still stable at 33 week
checkup (Tuesday) and I'm allowed to stay at home. Two days later, Thursday
January 8 at 1pm, my water breaks while at home, I'm admitted to the hospital
at 2pm and after being checked find out that I am 70% effaced, 3 cm dilated and
having contractions every minute. I receive pitocin to help regulate and
strengthen my contractions and progress labor. I also get an epidural and two
hours later at 10:45 pm I am ready to go as Baby A's head is "right
there". After a brief session of pushing we welcome the little men into
the world that evening at 11:06 and 11:24. The boys go up to the NICU right
away, but are healthy and need no support breathing. I am allowed to visit them
an hour later after recovering from the epidural, and am released from the
hospital within 24 hours so we can all be together in the NICU.


No comments:
Post a Comment